INDIAN in 30 min or less...
Granted I have close to NO experience with Indian cuisine, and I bet you don't really care what I call it.. I guess this is as close as I get to something masala like, haha.
Though the ingredient list is a bit lengthy, this is the fastest and easiest dish EVER and comes together in less than 30 min.. #MomLife APPROVED, just sayin'.
- 2 15oz cans of chickpeas
- 1 can coconut milk 8oz ( I use this and get mine here )
- 1 18oz can of chopped tomatoes ( anything between 18-25oz will do)
- 1 inch fresh ginger
- 1 medjool date ( remember to remove the pit 🤗)
- 1 lage onion
- 3 tsp Garam masala
- 2 tsp coriander
- 2 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1.5 tsp ground turmeric
- dash of cayenne - or more
- White or brown rice
- fresh cilantro
*always go for organic and when buying canned stuff, make sure it's a BPA free lining :)
- Roughly chop ( it will all go in the blender later) onion & ginger.
- add onion, ginger and date (pit removed) to a pot and lightly saute till the onions become soft and translucent.
- add all your spices and give it a good stir.
- poor in your can of tomatoes and let it simmer for 5 min.
- transfer it all to a high speed blender and blend until smooth
- transfer back in your pot
- add coconut milk , bring to a low simmer and stir
- add your chickpeas and let simmer for 5 min and make sure to taste to your liking. It might need some salt or cayenne or who knows.. You know your tastebuds best 🤗
- Serve with jasmine or brown rice and load up with fresh cilantro :)
*I sometimes add red lentils to this dish and If you desire to try that out I will recommend adding the lentils first (step 8) and letting them cook through ( about 35 min ) before adding chickpeas so you don't over cook them as they are pre cooked. If you do this, remember to stir often so it doesn't burn :)
ENJOOOOY.. and make sure to tag me on IG if you try this recipe
❤ , Diana