When I make burgers at home or eat out, I usually go for a lettuce wrap. This time I wanted to do something a little different though.. So I precent... Sweet Potato Sliders :D
As I've had a kitchen for the last few weeks I decided to get creative with some recipes. I've got a serious food obsession and I LOVE cooking in case you didn't know by now..
WHAT YOU'LL NEED
- 1 Big Sweet Potato
- 1 Red Onion
- Cherry tomatoes
- 1/2 lb Ground Beef or Bison
- Sunflower sprouts or any other kind
- 1 Bell Pepper
- Green Pesto
- Preheat your oven to 425 F. and cut your sweet potato into 1/4 inch thick slices and place on a pan with parchment paper. Make sure the potato is somewhat even in size and not too crooked! Drizzle with olive oil and make sure they're covered on both sides. Cook for about 15 min and flip them over and cook for another 15 min.
- Meanwhile, cook your bacon and prep your beef patties so they fit the size of your sweet potato. Make sure the patties are really FLAT as they swell up in the middle when you cook them. A good tip for any time you're cooking burger patties ;) Make sure to add some good seasoning (I prefer Braggs 24 herbs & spices seasoning & salt & pepper). Cook them in the bacon fat and place on a plate when they're done.
- Cut and prep the rest of your ingredients and assemble it all when you're done and make sure to try my Green Pesto Recipe with this one :)
With Love ❤ , Diana