Did you miss my recipe for this awesome Paleo Breakfast that I made!?
It's very possible that you'll do 'the happy wiggle' dance while eating it and it is very likely that you'll get addicted! Just sayin'... This recipe is a pure energy booster and it will keep you full for quite a while.. HOW? The nuts in this recipe are full of fiber.
- Pecans: contain the highest amount of antioxidants of any tree nut. They are also rich in magnesium – a mineral known for its anti-inflammatory benefits and also help reduced blood pressure. The high fiber content promotes digestive health and leaves you full longer which leads to weight loss. They're also good for building muscle & aiding in muscle recovery.
- Walnuts: contain a large amount of vitamin B6 which os good for your skin and hair and is an excellent stress and mood manager. Lower stress levels also mean better skin. The Omega 3 Fatty acids present in the Walnuts are also good for the brain as they are packed with brain-boosting fats.
- Cayenne pepper: has anti fungal properties and can help you fight fungal infections. It's also a well-known digestive aid and speeds up your metabolism. It stimulates the digestive tract and stimulates your blood circulation and blood flow to the skin.
- Ginger: Ginger is one of the best things you can consume for good healthy digestion. It also helps reduce inflammation and can relieve nausea. If you got any stomach issues.. Consume some ginger.
These are just some of the health benefits from eating this awesome breakfast (or lunch or dinner). So why don't we just get to the recipe already.
This recipe serves 2, and trust me - you'll be full... I usually only eat half and save the rest for a later snack :)
- 1 ripe banana
- 1/2 cup raw walnuts
- 1/2 cup raw pecans
- 2 eggs
- 1 big tbs of almond butter
- Spices: a dash of each - Cinnamon, Nutmeg, Cayenne & Ginger
- 2 tsp raw cacao powder (or to your preference)
- Grind your nuts finely in a food processor with your spices & cacao powder.
- Mash up your banana with a fork in a separate bowl & whisk in the 2 eggs.
- Poor in your nuts with the eggs and mashed banana and mix well with your fork.
(if you want an extra kick you could grade some fresh ginger into the batter instead of using the powdered stuff )
- add in a big tbsp of almond butter
- turn on your stove on low heat and poor the mixture in a pot.
- Using a rubber spatula, scrape the bottom of the pot every few seconds as it thickens really fast. Keep your eyes on it AT ALL TIMES!!!
- keep scraping till it has a pudding like consistency, turn off the heat and poor in a bowl.
- Add your favorite berries and poor a little milk over (Raw milk, almond milk, whichever you prefer)
With Love ❤ , Diana