This thing is MOIST and spongy and crazy tasty, just how I like it. I barely finished letting it cool just to take a picture before Dan wanted to dig in it and as soon as him and the rest of the crew did, it was gone in less than 30 minutes. This is gooooood stuff!
In case you want to make this dairy and sugar free as well, just swap the butter with vegan butter or coconut oil and use date paste as a sweetener..
- 5 VERY ripe bananas (about 2 cups)
- 1/2 cup Coconut Sugar || or date paste (Soak 10 dates in as little water as possible over night)
- 5 tbsp softened butter (I Myokos vegan butter)
- 2 eggs
- 2 tbsp almond milk
- 1 tbsp ground flax seed
- 1tsp vanilla
- 1stp cinnamon
- 2 Cups Gluten free flour ( I use Bob's Red Mill 1:1 Gluten Free)
- 1 tsp baking powder (make sure it's aluminum free)
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
* I sometimes add 4 scoops of THIS collagen protein just as with my brownies and everything else I bake :)
** Sub with vegan butter if vegan
🍌 Preheat oven to 350 F - ( 180 C)
🍌 In a bowl, combine your GF flour, cinnamon, salt, baking powder & baking soda and set aside.
🍌 Mash up your bananas with a fork and set aside.
🍌 cream together sugar, butter, almond milk, vanilla and add in the eggs and ground flax.
🍌Add the banana mixture along with chocolate chips to the wet mixture
🍌Add your wet ingredients to the flour and gently fold it in until just combined. - don't over mix it.
🍌 Bake in a 9x5 pan for 50 min ( if you use a smaller pan bake a little longer - 50 min)
Only thing left is to try and control yourself... Enjoy :)
With Love and bananas ❤ , Diana